Hello I just had an accentra pellet insert installed in my home. And to say the least i'm very disapointed in its heat output. This is a 43000 btu per hour unit that is only putting out 220 degree air with all of the controls maxed out! (i can hold my hand in front of this without it burning me. this measurement was taken from where the air is first let out into the room only a 1/4 of an inch away. Harmon tech has told me this is around normal. I find this hard to believe. my home is 2100 sq feet and the stove will not heat above 62 degrees.
If anyone could let me know what they think about this please let me know. thank you
Do you know what your heatloss is on your house? How big is your furnace in BTU's? Do you have a furnace? I have a house as big as yours with cathedral ceilings and it runs full out to keep my house at 65 when it's 10 outside. You may need a little supplemental heat- I have a woodstove in the basement and electric baseboards throughout, in case I need them.
I have a harmon pellet stove about the same size as your unit. I have 2800 sq ft, and this is the only heat source I have. The first thing I would suggest is look at the quality of the pellet you are burning. Some type of pellets just will simply supply no heat source. The only type pellet that I use are Pennington solid oak hardwood pellets. also, if the air control and the heat control are not exactly adjusted correctly, you will not get heat properly. I never run my unit on high speed and is set very low on the thermostat
Much depends on the air circulation in the home, the heat loss of the home, and lots of other factors, including where you live. 43K BTU's is pretty substantial, and should be capable of heating around a 2000 sq. ft. house in all but the coldest parts of the country - assuming your home gets adequate air movement. I have a 50K stove and easily heat a 3000 sq. ft. home in NH. Check out Amazon's selection of books on these great stoves for LOADS more info.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes