The tennants who moved in next door have a couple pitbulls - a mom and her pup.
There is a common fence between the yards. I need to know what needs on my side of the fence to ensure that these dogs can't work their way into my yard. Their side of the yard has crab grass growing up to the fence line.
As a owner of pitbulls we also have a common fence area and we have trained our dogs that that area is off limits. I might also suggest that you talk to your neighbors about if they are close to the fence if you could spray them with a water hose and tell them no or putting up a privacy fence. All dogs no matter their breed will figure out how to get in a back yard. There are really no bad animals just bad owners that do not train their pets. Also you may want to consider getting a electrical wire to run on your fence area but check with local code enforcement first.
re: "no bad animals, just bad owners..."
I'm not fully convinced. In my town lately and several times during the year, in the news there have been reported incidences of pit bulls mauling or killing. I have to ask why the reports always mention pit bulls. You don't hear news about german shepherds, rotweillers or pomeranians hurting or killing anyone.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers