The tennants who moved in next door have a couple pitbulls - a mom and her pup.
There is a common fence between the yards. I need to know what needs on my side of the fence to ensure that these dogs can't work their way into my yard. Their side of the yard has crab grass growing up to the fence line.
As a owner of pitbulls we also have a common fence area and we have trained our dogs that that area is off limits. I might also suggest that you talk to your neighbors about if they are close to the fence if you could spray them with a water hose and tell them no or putting up a privacy fence. All dogs no matter their breed will figure out how to get in a back yard. There are really no bad animals just bad owners that do not train their pets. Also you may want to consider getting a electrical wire to run on your fence area but check with local code enforcement first.
re: "no bad animals, just bad owners..."
I'm not fully convinced. In my town lately and several times during the year, in the news there have been reported incidences of pit bulls mauling or killing. I have to ask why the reports always mention pit bulls. You don't hear news about german shepherds, rotweillers or pomeranians hurting or killing anyone.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight