The tennants who moved in next door have a couple pitbulls - a mom and her pup.
There is a common fence between the yards. I need to know what needs on my side of the fence to ensure that these dogs can't work their way into my yard. Their side of the yard has crab grass growing up to the fence line.
As a owner of pitbulls we also have a common fence area and we have trained our dogs that that area is off limits. I might also suggest that you talk to your neighbors about if they are close to the fence if you could spray them with a water hose and tell them no or putting up a privacy fence. All dogs no matter their breed will figure out how to get in a back yard. There are really no bad animals just bad owners that do not train their pets. Also you may want to consider getting a electrical wire to run on your fence area but check with local code enforcement first.
re: "no bad animals, just bad owners..."
I'm not fully convinced. In my town lately and several times during the year, in the news there have been reported incidences of pit bulls mauling or killing. I have to ask why the reports always mention pit bulls. You don't hear news about german shepherds, rotweillers or pomeranians hurting or killing anyone.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love