We are under construction on a new home. The radient floor is down and now we need to know what type of wood flooring is best with this type of system. I know you can't nail the floor down. I have asked several people that sell flooring and even our heating contractor. No one can give me a good answer. I'm sure I'll have to use a laminate or manufactured product but which one? Can anyone give me some insight and manufactures names? We will have to make a decision soon!
I already have the tubing in and it will be ready for floor covering soon. I know all about the advantages of this type of heat but I need to know if there is a type or brand of wood flooring product that is better suited to this type of system. I would like the look of real wood but I know I can't nail so that is out. I guess my choices are manufatured laminate or laminate (glued or snap together). I would like recomendations on brands or what to look for. Thanks.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight