We are under construction on a new home. The radient floor is down and now we need to know what type of wood flooring is best with this type of system. I know you can't nail the floor down. I have asked several people that sell flooring and even our heating contractor. No one can give me a good answer. I'm sure I'll have to use a laminate or manufactured product but which one? Can anyone give me some insight and manufactures names? We will have to make a decision soon!
I already have the tubing in and it will be ready for floor covering soon. I know all about the advantages of this type of heat but I need to know if there is a type or brand of wood flooring product that is better suited to this type of system. I would like the look of real wood but I know I can't nail so that is out. I guess my choices are manufatured laminate or laminate (glued or snap together). I would like recomendations on brands or what to look for. Thanks.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes