Hi, I have a 14 year old house that has oil heating. We had an annnual tune up done last month. Repair man told me that the smoke box (think he also called it a 'flue collector' ?) needs to be replaced. Then he called me the next day to tell me that the company that made the heater (Ducane) does not make that part anymore and it would have to be custom made to the tune of $400+. Does this sound reasonable?
Please help with hard-wired smoke detector issue...
Rough Inspection Questions....Please Help...
Problems With Fuse For Dryer
Breaker keeps flipping - some smokey smell
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight