I have an external hot water heating system in my home. There is a pressure expansion tank, and four outlets; one for the basement, a second and third for the main floor, and a fourth one for the top floor. The heat has not been reaching the basement for the past month and since yesterday it is also not going to the top floor. The main floor however is receiving the heat. What could be the problem, and how do you suggest I fix it?
By an external system, do you mean outside? What is used to zone it one pump with zone valves or different pumps? How many thermostats are there?
What type of heating system?
Oil Hot water heating system
Oil fired hydronic heating system - general questions
Hot Water Heating system sticking
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects Anyone Can Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 9 "Killer" Ways to Eliminate Weeds
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- Designers Reveal Today's Top 10 Bath Remodeling Trends
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight