We have just installed windows and a storm door in what was formerly a screened in porch. We now need to choose casing for the door and windows. The problem is the door and one of the windows meet in a corner and both are butted up almost in to the corner.
The door has a 3/4 inch frame on which the molding may be applied and is 7/8 of an inch from the corner. The window has a 2 inch frame on which the molding may be applied and is 3/4 of an inch from the same corner.
If we try to put casing around one, the width of the wood will preclude us from being able to fit anything on the other side. Also, the door is too close to the corner itself to allow standard 2 1/4 inche casing.
The window is almost 5 feet tall and the top is level with the top of the door. The wall with the window has 54 inch sliding windows along the whole wall, so whichever I would choose to frame (door vs. window), the other will look unfinished. Any suggestions?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!