We have just installed windows and a storm door in what was formerly a screened in porch. We now need to choose casing for the door and windows. The problem is the door and one of the windows meet in a corner and both are butted up almost in to the corner.
The door has a 3/4 inch frame on which the molding may be applied and is 7/8 of an inch from the corner. The window has a 2 inch frame on which the molding may be applied and is 3/4 of an inch from the same corner.
If we try to put casing around one, the width of the wood will preclude us from being able to fit anything on the other side. Also, the door is too close to the corner itself to allow standard 2 1/4 inche casing.
The window is almost 5 feet tall and the top is level with the top of the door. The wall with the window has 54 inch sliding windows along the whole wall, so whichever I would choose to frame (door vs. window), the other will look unfinished. Any suggestions?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects