We have just installed windows and a storm door in what was formerly a screened in porch. We now need to choose casing for the door and windows. The problem is the door and one of the windows meet in a corner and both are butted up almost in to the corner.
The door has a 3/4 inch frame on which the molding may be applied and is 7/8 of an inch from the corner. The window has a 2 inch frame on which the molding may be applied and is 3/4 of an inch from the same corner.
If we try to put casing around one, the width of the wood will preclude us from being able to fit anything on the other side. Also, the door is too close to the corner itself to allow standard 2 1/4 inche casing.
The window is almost 5 feet tall and the top is level with the top of the door. The wall with the window has 54 inch sliding windows along the whole wall, so whichever I would choose to frame (door vs. window), the other will look unfinished. Any suggestions?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight