We have just installed windows and a storm door in what was formerly a screened in porch. We now need to choose casing for the door and windows. The problem is the door and one of the windows meet in a corner and both are butted up almost in to the corner.
The door has a 3/4 inch frame on which the molding may be applied and is 7/8 of an inch from the corner. The window has a 2 inch frame on which the molding may be applied and is 3/4 of an inch from the same corner.
If we try to put casing around one, the width of the wood will preclude us from being able to fit anything on the other side. Also, the door is too close to the corner itself to allow standard 2 1/4 inche casing.
The window is almost 5 feet tall and the top is level with the top of the door. The wall with the window has 54 inch sliding windows along the whole wall, so whichever I would choose to frame (door vs. window), the other will look unfinished. Any suggestions?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!