We are thinking of replacing a 15 year old Heil Central Air system in southern NJ, had PSEG out who said we needed to replace furnace and air and recommended York with a $6700 quote. Had another company out who said we didn't need to replace the unit and recommended against York, Lennox even though they sold York they quoted us on a Goodman system for $3300, started thinking this sounded good and the man seemed honest until had ***** Home Central came out who of course raved about their Kenmore unit and said to buy anything but a Goodman, the Kenmore unit being about $500 more than the Goodman. Now I am confused does anyone have any advice or other recommendations. Many thanks
Thanks for your quick response. I actually felt like I trusted the man about the Goodman as he could have easily quoted me for something else more expensive and we never gave him a budget he just seemed to really like the Goodman, the company he came from seems to be very reputable and is a memeber of the BBB, although does this really matter haven't dealt in anything like this before so not sure if it is an advertising thing for them. I have another question also the Kenmore man told us to stay away from any A/C unit that needed a superior coil to get it to a 14 seer unit, he used carrier as an example as they can leak, does anyone know anything about this. Many thanks.
Need help identifying insulation type
Turning a grainery into a small apartment. Need help!
NEED HELP WITH CHOOSING BRAND
Need help designing my kitchen.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!