Hi, I have a weird problem.
Just got a window A/C unit to complement the underpowered central air in our townhouse.
We have what looks like a single-hung storm window, with the tilt-wash feature, but with NO outside/outer sill. The whole window unit (Acorn) is inset in the wood frame; it's not the traditional window that's integrated into the frame with an inner and outer sill.
There's an inner sill, and then the metal frame of the window is about 1" tall, and then just beyond the inner lip is a sheer drop.
Obviously, there's nowhere to rest the unit on the outside.
I can't find anything online that mentions how to deal with this. There are the A/C Safe mounting brackets, which look like it would bridge the rising lip, but that would leave a huge gaping hole beneath the unit as well.
Room A/C questions
Area above central A/C unit
Where to put ducts/vents....for energy efficiency....
A/C Unit - Bad contactor?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Rakes Every Homeowner Should Know
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 13 Terror-ific Yards All Decked Out for Halloween
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- Deck the Doors: 10 Wreaths for Autumn Decorating
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY