Hi, I have a weird problem.
Just got a window A/C unit to complement the underpowered central air in our townhouse.
We have what looks like a single-hung storm window, with the tilt-wash feature, but with NO outside/outer sill. The whole window unit (Acorn) is inset in the wood frame; it's not the traditional window that's integrated into the frame with an inner and outer sill.
There's an inner sill, and then the metal frame of the window is about 1" tall, and then just beyond the inner lip is a sheer drop.
Obviously, there's nowhere to rest the unit on the outside.
I can't find anything online that mentions how to deal with this. There are the A/C Safe mounting brackets, which look like it would bridge the rising lip, but that would leave a huge gaping hole beneath the unit as well.
Room A/C questions
Area above central A/C unit
Where to put ducts/vents....for energy efficiency....
A/C Unit - Bad contactor?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips