Hi, I have a weird problem.
Just got a window A/C unit to complement the underpowered central air in our townhouse.
We have what looks like a single-hung storm window, with the tilt-wash feature, but with NO outside/outer sill. The whole window unit (Acorn) is inset in the wood frame; it's not the traditional window that's integrated into the frame with an inner and outer sill.
There's an inner sill, and then the metal frame of the window is about 1" tall, and then just beyond the inner lip is a sheer drop.
Obviously, there's nowhere to rest the unit on the outside.
I can't find anything online that mentions how to deal with this. There are the A/C Safe mounting brackets, which look like it would bridge the rising lip, but that would leave a huge gaping hole beneath the unit as well.
Room A/C questions
Area above central A/C unit
Where to put ducts/vents....for energy efficiency....
A/C Unit - Bad contactor?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!