Hi, I have a weird problem.
Just got a window A/C unit to complement the underpowered central air in our townhouse.
We have what looks like a single-hung storm window, with the tilt-wash feature, but with NO outside/outer sill. The whole window unit (Acorn) is inset in the wood frame; it's not the traditional window that's integrated into the frame with an inner and outer sill.
There's an inner sill, and then the metal frame of the window is about 1" tall, and then just beyond the inner lip is a sheer drop.
Obviously, there's nowhere to rest the unit on the outside.
I can't find anything online that mentions how to deal with this. There are the A/C Safe mounting brackets, which look like it would bridge the rising lip, but that would leave a huge gaping hole beneath the unit as well.
Room A/C questions
Area above central A/C unit
Where to put ducts/vents....for energy efficiency....
A/C Unit - Bad contactor?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Amazing Homes Made from Shipping Containers
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Quick Tips for Tackling 10 Clutter Hot Spots
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them