I was having a problem with my AC leaking water and had someone come look at it. They told me that the freon level was very low and recharged that (2 pounds). Apparently there is a leak somewhere. He said they charge $325 to find the leak and then 99% of the time it is one of 3 major parts that needs replaced and would cost between $1200 - $1500. He said we should decide if we want to proceed with that or just buy a new unit. Ours is 8 1/2 years old and I don't know what kind. He said it was a contractor's cheapie unit. Does this make sense?. Is it really usually that much to repair a leak? Thanks!
This company is pretty reputable. I know several people who have used them and they have been around for a very long time. He said the water leaking was because it was freezing up. House wasn't being cooled all that well.
Leaking and dripping faucets
Oak Hill Baby Cradle
candle burns on wood coffee table
Coils in the A/C are freezing up, just put 5lbs of f...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!