My house was built in 1942 and I have radiator heat. It's just about time to turn the heat back on, but I think I need to prime the radiators or something. What must I do? No, I haven't lived here since 1942 I've only lived here for a year a half, that's why I'm asking : ) I didn't do anyting to my radiators last year...
I noticed there are 2 valves by my boiler. 1 for a water supply line and another one coming out of the pressure tank(?)
How much water do I let in? Do I just turn the valve on and then go to each radiator and open the valve on the radiator up until water comes out? I don't want to put to much water in, I'm afraid that may damage something.
I have a cape cod home and I noticed last year that the radiator upstairs, the only one, in my bedroom was cold. I'm thinking it's because there was insufficient water.
Any advise on this would be great...
P.S. The valve by the pressure tank appears to be stuck open. It's a copper valve and I see corrosion around it. How do I open that if I need to? Just force it or get some sort of spray? Thanks again...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes