My house was built in 1942 and I have radiator heat. It's just about time to turn the heat back on, but I think I need to prime the radiators or something. What must I do? No, I haven't lived here since 1942 I've only lived here for a year a half, that's why I'm asking : ) I didn't do anyting to my radiators last year...
I noticed there are 2 valves by my boiler. 1 for a water supply line and another one coming out of the pressure tank(?)
How much water do I let in? Do I just turn the valve on and then go to each radiator and open the valve on the radiator up until water comes out? I don't want to put to much water in, I'm afraid that may damage something.
I have a cape cod home and I noticed last year that the radiator upstairs, the only one, in my bedroom was cold. I'm thinking it's because there was insufficient water.
Any advise on this would be great...
P.S. The valve by the pressure tank appears to be stuck open. It's a copper valve and I see corrosion around it. How do I open that if I need to? Just force it or get some sort of spray? Thanks again...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Rakes Every Homeowner Should Know
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 13 Terror-ific Yards All Decked Out for Halloween
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- Deck the Doors: 10 Wreaths for Autumn Decorating
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY