My house was built in 1942 and I have radiator heat. It's just about time to turn the heat back on, but I think I need to prime the radiators or something. What must I do? No, I haven't lived here since 1942 I've only lived here for a year a half, that's why I'm asking : ) I didn't do anyting to my radiators last year...
I noticed there are 2 valves by my boiler. 1 for a water supply line and another one coming out of the pressure tank(?)
How much water do I let in? Do I just turn the valve on and then go to each radiator and open the valve on the radiator up until water comes out? I don't want to put to much water in, I'm afraid that may damage something.
I have a cape cod home and I noticed last year that the radiator upstairs, the only one, in my bedroom was cold. I'm thinking it's because there was insufficient water.
Any advise on this would be great...
P.S. The valve by the pressure tank appears to be stuck open. It's a copper valve and I see corrosion around it. How do I open that if I need to? Just force it or get some sort of spray? Thanks again...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps