I read an earlier posting about moles and I was wondering how to get rid of grubs. I live in the Pacific NW and forgive me for my ignorance, but what is the "local extension agent"? What should we use to kill the grubs off? Thankyou!!!
Hi MrsD, you need to use a diazanon spray which you should be able to find at your local garden center. This normally is applied in late year (i.e., Sept/Oct), but you may have "some" luck if you apply prior to your grass greening. The reason that it is normally applied late in the year is that grub worms (larvae) are young June bugs (beetles) and toward the end of their adult life (late summer) they lay their eggs in your yard. So applying the diazanon after they have layed their eggs will kill them when they hatch in the spring, so if you can soak the yard prior to the eggs hatching you should have some luck. Hope this helps, and good luck!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!