I read an earlier posting about moles and I was wondering how to get rid of grubs. I live in the Pacific NW and forgive me for my ignorance, but what is the "local extension agent"? What should we use to kill the grubs off? Thankyou!!!
Hi MrsD, you need to use a diazanon spray which you should be able to find at your local garden center. This normally is applied in late year (i.e., Sept/Oct), but you may have "some" luck if you apply prior to your grass greening. The reason that it is normally applied late in the year is that grub worms (larvae) are young June bugs (beetles) and toward the end of their adult life (late summer) they lay their eggs in your yard. So applying the diazanon after they have layed their eggs will kill them when they hatch in the spring, so if you can soak the yard prior to the eggs hatching you should have some luck. Hope this helps, and good luck!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight