I want to complete the ceiling in my basement but I don't know what the duct shown below on the left is used for?
Click on the following link to see the picture:
The grill leads into the furnace as does the duct on the right. The duct on the left leads to the outside but as you can see from the picture it is open and just terminates before the grill. The duct on the right also leads to the outside. Is it ok if I cover this grill and opening with the ceiling? What is this used for? Why is the duct on the left not connected to anything? Why are there 2 ducts that lead to the outside? Thanks for your answers.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!