I want to complete the ceiling in my basement but I don't know what the duct shown below on the left is used for?
Click on the following link to see the picture:
The grill leads into the furnace as does the duct on the right. The duct on the left leads to the outside but as you can see from the picture it is open and just terminates before the grill. The duct on the right also leads to the outside. Is it ok if I cover this grill and opening with the ceiling? What is this used for? Why is the duct on the left not connected to anything? Why are there 2 ducts that lead to the outside? Thanks for your answers.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!