I'm not sure why Bob promotes these guys.
Just some advice, based on personal experience...
If you have been given a sample from LL, and later decide to buy some, ensure that the stuff they sell you is the same as the sample. I was given a sample of the Virginia Mills Handscraped Teak, it had a different finish (better) than the actual wood that was in the boxes I purchased. In fact the I subjected my sample to several scratch resistance tests and hardness tests. The actual wood that they sold me scratched very easily.
Oh, a couple other things to look out for, they'll be happy to sell you, the matching bullnosing, which once the order comes in and after you've paid for it, does not look like your flooring, and then they will tell you that it is not teak, but maple.
Also now, 2/24/07, be aware that there is a 20% restocking fee for returns (must be made within 30 days from purchase).
I had many pieces of flooring with lots of ugly filled knots.
Don't be fooled by the name either, Virginia Mills Handscraped Golden Teak is made in China.
This stuff split very easily, probably 1 out of 3 nails (L-cleats) would split the wood. My research told me to hand nail hardwoods such as teak, but I did not have that kind of time for this project. Air compressor/nailer worked best between 70 & 80 PSI.
Hope that helps someone.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!