I'm not sure why Bob promotes these guys.
Just some advice, based on personal experience...
If you have been given a sample from LL, and later decide to buy some, ensure that the stuff they sell you is the same as the sample. I was given a sample of the Virginia Mills Handscraped Teak, it had a different finish (better) than the actual wood that was in the boxes I purchased. In fact the I subjected my sample to several scratch resistance tests and hardness tests. The actual wood that they sold me scratched very easily.
Oh, a couple other things to look out for, they'll be happy to sell you, the matching bullnosing, which once the order comes in and after you've paid for it, does not look like your flooring, and then they will tell you that it is not teak, but maple.
Also now, 2/24/07, be aware that there is a 20% restocking fee for returns (must be made within 30 days from purchase).
I had many pieces of flooring with lots of ugly filled knots.
Don't be fooled by the name either, Virginia Mills Handscraped Golden Teak is made in China.
This stuff split very easily, probably 1 out of 3 nails (L-cleats) would split the wood. My research told me to hand nail hardwoods such as teak, but I did not have that kind of time for this project. Air compressor/nailer worked best between 70 & 80 PSI.
Hope that helps someone.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects