I have a Miller Gas fired forced hot air furnace in my ( 1979 70 ft. ) trailer, that was installed when the unit was built. I had the draft inducer motor replaced, but the " sequencer / relay " is giving me fit`s ! The service contractor who worked on it, says he cannot find a replacement " sequencer ". He claims he tried to locate the part through his sources, but could not find it. I asked why he could not get an after marketed part that does the same job, after all it is just a delayed switch of sorts that runs on 24v / 110v. He told me to take the part out and go to a supplier in Framingham and see if they can come up with something !! He also said that the start delay is not important, but the shutdown delay time is. Sometimes it runs fine for a day or two, but then will not come on automatically, i have to " jump it acros the 110v leads to get it to go again. The thermostat seems to be doing it`s job. Miller shows the furnace as not having a " Draft Inducer motor "
The Sequencer looks to be a Black bakerlite material.two bottom leads that are 24v.
two top leads that are 110v. The part is about 2 inches long by 2 inches tall and maybe 1 inch thick. I have spent the the last two nights getting up ever two hours to fire it up.
Any help would be " Warmly appreciated "
My advice is call a repairman who is experienced with Miller trailer furnaces. The basic operational flowchart is like any other mid-efficiency furnace with a draft inducer, but the controls are different. Leave it to to pro.
Condensation from gas furnace (American Standard - 80)
Replacing furnace--oil/hot water
Bad installation of furnace? HELP!!!
Replacing old ductwork in basement
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees