I have a Miller Gas fired forced hot air furnace in my ( 1979 70 ft. ) trailer, that was installed when the unit was built. I had the draft inducer motor replaced, but the " sequencer / relay " is giving me fit`s ! The service contractor who worked on it, says he cannot find a replacement " sequencer ". He claims he tried to locate the part through his sources, but could not find it. I asked why he could not get an after marketed part that does the same job, after all it is just a delayed switch of sorts that runs on 24v / 110v. He told me to take the part out and go to a supplier in Framingham and see if they can come up with something !! He also said that the start delay is not important, but the shutdown delay time is. Sometimes it runs fine for a day or two, but then will not come on automatically, i have to " jump it acros the 110v leads to get it to go again. The thermostat seems to be doing it`s job. Miller shows the furnace as not having a " Draft Inducer motor "
The Sequencer looks to be a Black bakerlite material.two bottom leads that are 24v.
two top leads that are 110v. The part is about 2 inches long by 2 inches tall and maybe 1 inch thick. I have spent the the last two nights getting up ever two hours to fire it up.
Any help would be " Warmly appreciated "
My advice is call a repairman who is experienced with Miller trailer furnaces. The basic operational flowchart is like any other mid-efficiency furnace with a draft inducer, but the controls are different. Leave it to to pro.
Condensation from gas furnace (American Standard - 80)
Replacing furnace--oil/hot water
Replacing old ductwork in basement
Bad installation of furnace? HELP!!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!