I have a Miller Gas fired forced hot air furnace in my ( 1979 70 ft. ) trailer, that was installed when the unit was built. I had the draft inducer motor replaced, but the " sequencer / relay " is giving me fit`s ! The service contractor who worked on it, says he cannot find a replacement " sequencer ". He claims he tried to locate the part through his sources, but could not find it. I asked why he could not get an after marketed part that does the same job, after all it is just a delayed switch of sorts that runs on 24v / 110v. He told me to take the part out and go to a supplier in Framingham and see if they can come up with something !! He also said that the start delay is not important, but the shutdown delay time is. Sometimes it runs fine for a day or two, but then will not come on automatically, i have to " jump it acros the 110v leads to get it to go again. The thermostat seems to be doing it`s job. Miller shows the furnace as not having a " Draft Inducer motor "
The Sequencer looks to be a Black bakerlite material.two bottom leads that are 24v.
two top leads that are 110v. The part is about 2 inches long by 2 inches tall and maybe 1 inch thick. I have spent the the last two nights getting up ever two hours to fire it up.
Any help would be " Warmly appreciated "
My advice is call a repairman who is experienced with Miller trailer furnaces. The basic operational flowchart is like any other mid-efficiency furnace with a draft inducer, but the controls are different. Leave it to to pro.
Condensation from gas furnace (American Standard - 80)
Replacing furnace--oil/hot water
Bad installation of furnace? HELP!!!
Replacing old ductwork in basement
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 11 Ways to Dress Up Your Dresser
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Make Your Own Bookcase: 10 DIY Designs