I have a finished basement. There is one section that set off from the rest of the basement by a partial wall. This area has two openings ( 62 in wide by 80 inches in height).
I would like to make this area my home office. Given the nature of my work I would like to isolate it from the rest of the basement.
I am thinking of closing the openings with drywall and installing two standard sized doors with locks.
Can anybody think of a better idea?
Are the walls masonry or are they wood frame construction covered in drywall? Either way it shouldn't be much trouble to frame in since the opening is already self supporting. The only problem might be having enough height for a doorway rough opening, about 82" for an 80" door. If the opening is drywalled or framed in wood, you might have enough of a RO after removing drywall or trim.
the sky is falling..., well, atleast the cieling did...
Permit Electrical Diagram
Outside Basement Entrance
Advice needed for basement wall project
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps