I have a finished basement. There is one section that set off from the rest of the basement by a partial wall. This area has two openings ( 62 in wide by 80 inches in height).
I would like to make this area my home office. Given the nature of my work I would like to isolate it from the rest of the basement.
I am thinking of closing the openings with drywall and installing two standard sized doors with locks.
Can anybody think of a better idea?
Are the walls masonry or are they wood frame construction covered in drywall? Either way it shouldn't be much trouble to frame in since the opening is already self supporting. The only problem might be having enough height for a doorway rough opening, about 82" for an 80" door. If the opening is drywalled or framed in wood, you might have enough of a RO after removing drywall or trim.
the sky is falling..., well, atleast the cieling did...
Permit Electrical Diagram
Outside Basement Entrance
Advice needed for basement wall project
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Ways to Use Leather in Your Next Project
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 9 Ways to Get on Board with Pegboard
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 8 New Ways to Use Old Wooden Crates