I have a finished basement. There is one section that set off from the rest of the basement by a partial wall. This area has two openings ( 62 in wide by 80 inches in height).
I would like to make this area my home office. Given the nature of my work I would like to isolate it from the rest of the basement.
I am thinking of closing the openings with drywall and installing two standard sized doors with locks.
Can anybody think of a better idea?
Are the walls masonry or are they wood frame construction covered in drywall? Either way it shouldn't be much trouble to frame in since the opening is already self supporting. The only problem might be having enough height for a doorway rough opening, about 82" for an 80" door. If the opening is drywalled or framed in wood, you might have enough of a RO after removing drywall or trim.
the sky is falling..., well, atleast the cieling did...
Permit Electrical Diagram
Outside Basement Entrance
Advice needed for basement wall project
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Furniture Makeovers: 10 Total DIY Do-Overs
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them