I have a finished basement. There is one section that set off from the rest of the basement by a partial wall. This area has two openings ( 62 in wide by 80 inches in height).
I would like to make this area my home office. Given the nature of my work I would like to isolate it from the rest of the basement.
I am thinking of closing the openings with drywall and installing two standard sized doors with locks.
Can anybody think of a better idea?
Are the walls masonry or are they wood frame construction covered in drywall? Either way it shouldn't be much trouble to frame in since the opening is already self supporting. The only problem might be having enough height for a doorway rough opening, about 82" for an 80" door. If the opening is drywalled or framed in wood, you might have enough of a RO after removing drywall or trim.
the sky is falling..., well, atleast the cieling did...
Permit Electrical Diagram
Outside Basement Entrance
Advice needed for basement wall project
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!