We bought our house over a year ago and have had problems with our furnace since day 1. It's a 3000 square foot old farm house and 7 years ago 2 furnaces were installed. This was done while no one was living in the house because the previous owner died 10 years ago. The problem is that the upstairs never gets warm. We've had 3 companies out, and they all say that they were installed improperly and we will not work until they are taken down and reinstalled. NOt enought cool air return. I called the original company and of course they say that nothing is wrong with it. My question is, do they legally have to come out and fix the problem? I can't afford to do it myself.
Simply take the blower door off the unit and manually depress the door switch --then operate the system for about 20 minutes, this will give the blower motor more return air. IF the house seems to warm up fine simply have more additional return air installed. But note that if the blower is taking air from te attic it will be drawing in unfiltered air.
We have already tried it and it runs for a little while and shuts off. We have had more air return installed but we're still having problems. WE've been told that the problem is the two furnaces were installed to run as one instead of independent of each other. Something happens where one over heats and shuts down and then when it starts back up, the blower runs backwards. We've also been told that our basement is too small for the way they were set up.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes