We bought our house over a year ago and have had problems with our furnace since day 1. It's a 3000 square foot old farm house and 7 years ago 2 furnaces were installed. This was done while no one was living in the house because the previous owner died 10 years ago. The problem is that the upstairs never gets warm. We've had 3 companies out, and they all say that they were installed improperly and we will not work until they are taken down and reinstalled. NOt enought cool air return. I called the original company and of course they say that nothing is wrong with it. My question is, do they legally have to come out and fix the problem? I can't afford to do it myself.
Simply take the blower door off the unit and manually depress the door switch --then operate the system for about 20 minutes, this will give the blower motor more return air. IF the house seems to warm up fine simply have more additional return air installed. But note that if the blower is taking air from te attic it will be drawing in unfiltered air.
We have already tried it and it runs for a little while and shuts off. We have had more air return installed but we're still having problems. WE've been told that the problem is the two furnaces were installed to run as one instead of independent of each other. Something happens where one over heats and shuts down and then when it starts back up, the blower runs backwards. We've also been told that our basement is too small for the way they were set up.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love