I can't find a supplier of lagging cloth for encapsulating asbestos steam pipe insulation in my area. I live in Fall River Mass. in the southcoast area between Providence RI and Cape Cod. Any suggestions?
The product you are looking for is the "cloth jacket" that covers the "lagging" (block insulation) of pipes. The cloth jacket is finished with "sizing", a liquid applied to seal the pores of the cloth and to make the cloth somewhat rigid. This process is still used, but is becomming less common with the advent of metal and plastic jackets. Although they tend to discourage retail sales, you should be able to obtain these products through a commercial heating/AC contrator. Because of liability and health concerns, most installations of asbestos insulation are being abated. You might want to consider this before spending the time and money to rework the jacketing.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects Anyone Can Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 9 "Killer" Ways to Eliminate Weeds
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- Designers Reveal Today's Top 10 Bath Remodeling Trends
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight