I can't find a supplier of lagging cloth for encapsulating asbestos steam pipe insulation in my area. I live in Fall River Mass. in the southcoast area between Providence RI and Cape Cod. Any suggestions?
The product you are looking for is the "cloth jacket" that covers the "lagging" (block insulation) of pipes. The cloth jacket is finished with "sizing", a liquid applied to seal the pores of the cloth and to make the cloth somewhat rigid. This process is still used, but is becomming less common with the advent of metal and plastic jackets. Although they tend to discourage retail sales, you should be able to obtain these products through a commercial heating/AC contrator. Because of liability and health concerns, most installations of asbestos insulation are being abated. You might want to consider this before spending the time and money to rework the jacketing.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes