Our furnace is 18 years old. The brand is either ARcoaire or Snyder-General. At least those are the stickers on it. Anyway, I have notcied, especially at night that it comes on for 5 minutes, shuts off for 5 minutes and then comes on for 5 minutes. This cycle seems to repeat itself. Anyway, we did have the furnace looked at about 3 years ago for short cycling and just wondered why the problem comes back and what we should do. What are the risks of operating it this way? Thank you.
Before calling for service, check your drain line to make sure it is clear and the condensate is running freely to the drain. Also make sure that your intake and exhaust pipes are clear of leaves and/or debri. If you have an intake pipe with a rubber collar at the furnace, loosen the collar and raise the pipe to see if any leaves are stuck in there. Hope this helps.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!