Our furnace is 18 years old. The brand is either ARcoaire or Snyder-General. At least those are the stickers on it. Anyway, I have notcied, especially at night that it comes on for 5 minutes, shuts off for 5 minutes and then comes on for 5 minutes. This cycle seems to repeat itself. Anyway, we did have the furnace looked at about 3 years ago for short cycling and just wondered why the problem comes back and what we should do. What are the risks of operating it this way? Thank you.
Before calling for service, check your drain line to make sure it is clear and the condensate is running freely to the drain. Also make sure that your intake and exhaust pipes are clear of leaves and/or debri. If you have an intake pipe with a rubber collar at the furnace, loosen the collar and raise the pipe to see if any leaves are stuck in there. Hope this helps.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!