Our oil burner was not kicking on this morning. The repairman told us that because our oil tank is in an unfinished garage, and it is really cold out, that the oil thickens up like molasses and can't go through the pipes. Does anyone have any suggestions as refinishing the garage is not in our budget right now and it is about 9 degrees outside!
Get the filter changed and the oil line flushed. They also sell a fuel conditioner That can be used. C.
Thank you for your suggestions. The first repairman was from our fuel company. We had a second repairman come out and he added the additive to the oil, and now it seems to be fine.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING