Our oil burner was not kicking on this morning. The repairman told us that because our oil tank is in an unfinished garage, and it is really cold out, that the oil thickens up like molasses and can't go through the pipes. Does anyone have any suggestions as refinishing the garage is not in our budget right now and it is about 9 degrees outside!
Get the filter changed and the oil line flushed. They also sell a fuel conditioner That can be used. C.
Thank you for your suggestions. The first repairman was from our fuel company. We had a second repairman come out and he added the additive to the oil, and now it seems to be fine.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers