Our oil burner was not kicking on this morning. The repairman told us that because our oil tank is in an unfinished garage, and it is really cold out, that the oil thickens up like molasses and can't go through the pipes. Does anyone have any suggestions as refinishing the garage is not in our budget right now and it is about 9 degrees outside!
Get the filter changed and the oil line flushed. They also sell a fuel conditioner That can be used. C.
Thank you for your suggestions. The first repairman was from our fuel company. We had a second repairman come out and he added the additive to the oil, and now it seems to be fine.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!