Our oil burner was not kicking on this morning. The repairman told us that because our oil tank is in an unfinished garage, and it is really cold out, that the oil thickens up like molasses and can't go through the pipes. Does anyone have any suggestions as refinishing the garage is not in our budget right now and it is about 9 degrees outside!
Get the filter changed and the oil line flushed. They also sell a fuel conditioner That can be used. C.
Thank you for your suggestions. The first repairman was from our fuel company. We had a second repairman come out and he added the additive to the oil, and now it seems to be fine.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!