I recently purchased a 2,200 square foot home that includes a second story bonus room (loft). The problem that I am having is that when we run the furnace the upstairs bonus room gets ridiculously hot while the first floor stays comfortable.
I have closed down the registers on the second floor and this does not help at all. This is my first home and I don't have any experience in fixing heating/cooling issues.
Would it be a good idea to look into closing the ducts off upstairs? The house has a Carrier central heating/cooling system. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Insulating Garage Ceiling
Heat Pump: 2 stage compressor or single scroll comp...
heat loss through knotty pine vaulted ceiling
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!