I recently purchased a 2,200 square foot home that includes a second story bonus room (loft). The problem that I am having is that when we run the furnace the upstairs bonus room gets ridiculously hot while the first floor stays comfortable.
I have closed down the registers on the second floor and this does not help at all. This is my first home and I don't have any experience in fixing heating/cooling issues.
Would it be a good idea to look into closing the ducts off upstairs? The house has a Carrier central heating/cooling system. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Insulating Garage Ceiling
Heat Pump: 2 stage compressor or single scroll comp...
heat loss through knotty pine vaulted ceiling
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects