i'm a maintanence guy for my mom's apartment complex and needed help with the heater.
the tenant had no thermostat so i told him to just touch the R and W wires together to make the heat turn on...now he says the heat no longer goes on and i installed a new thermostat and the heater still doesn't go on but the pilot is still lit up and i'm pretty sure i hear gas flowing through but not sure...please help....
i tested the R and W wires on my multimeter and i get no juice flowing through them...does that mean the little motor is out or the wires are fried?
Because its a wall furnace and ones face has to be near the burners to do any testing near the main valve I shall decline to offer advice. But the voltage you read at the r& W terminal should probably be read on the MILIVOLT scale, a regular a/c voltage scale wont read it! look for your Milivolt scale.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!