i'm a maintanence guy for my mom's apartment complex and needed help with the heater.
the tenant had no thermostat so i told him to just touch the R and W wires together to make the heat turn on...now he says the heat no longer goes on and i installed a new thermostat and the heater still doesn't go on but the pilot is still lit up and i'm pretty sure i hear gas flowing through but not sure...please help....
i tested the R and W wires on my multimeter and i get no juice flowing through them...does that mean the little motor is out or the wires are fried?
Because its a wall furnace and ones face has to be near the burners to do any testing near the main valve I shall decline to offer advice. But the voltage you read at the r& W terminal should probably be read on the MILIVOLT scale, a regular a/c voltage scale wont read it! look for your Milivolt scale.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes