i'm a maintanence guy for my mom's apartment complex and needed help with the heater.
the tenant had no thermostat so i told him to just touch the R and W wires together to make the heat turn on...now he says the heat no longer goes on and i installed a new thermostat and the heater still doesn't go on but the pilot is still lit up and i'm pretty sure i hear gas flowing through but not sure...please help....
i tested the R and W wires on my multimeter and i get no juice flowing through them...does that mean the little motor is out or the wires are fried?
Because its a wall furnace and ones face has to be near the burners to do any testing near the main valve I shall decline to offer advice. But the voltage you read at the r& W terminal should probably be read on the MILIVOLT scale, a regular a/c voltage scale wont read it! look for your Milivolt scale.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!