My pilot will not stay lit. The problem started about 6 months ago after a gas repair. I replaced the thermocouple and it worked for about 6 months. Now the pilot will not stay lit again. I again put in a new thermocouple to no avail. I have a nice blue flame but when I release the button the pilot goes out. Thanks for any assistance!
You Probably have a bad pilot valve in the main valve--its unrepairable. You must replace the entire Valve! The safer bet and the more cost effective solution is to replace that water heater if it is 5 years or older!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!