Can someone please help me - I have a Coleman Propane furnace - 6 years old - It has just started making these loud popping noises which sounds like someone hitting a metal file cabinet..This only occurrs after the furnace has actually ignited and is running then about 1/2 minute or so it POWS/POPS and then runs fine as always , then when it shuts off completely it POWS/POP again in about 1/2 minute... This is very worrisome to me and scary particularly at nite... Help!!
Could be that the air filter is so dirty its causing the sheetmetal to colaps when the blower starts and stops.
Please clarify about the air filter - is there an additional air filter inside the furnace that a technician would need to change or are you speaking of my air filters that I change on a regular basis (they are inside my "shutter panel" on the front of the furnance. Please let me know asap...
Your COleman furnace has the filters on the face is that right? or is there a flat panel and behind the panel up above the furnace inside the sheet metal is where the filter is? If the filters are in front of the furnace on its face, you might try running the furnace fan motor without the front grill on and see if the popping still occurs.
Hi - I have filters attached to the inside front panels which I change on a regular basis... I removed the panels with the filters and let the furnace run with out the "door panel" to see if the popping noise would stop... No it hasnt - still the same noise - Can you clarify what you mean by air filters inside the top of furnace ?? My original question was:is there an additional filter in the furnace besides the filters I change on the panel doors?
I have the exact same problem with my furnace - loud bang noise when the furnace shuts off - this happens every 5-10 minutes and i am really uncomfortable - please let me know how you solved this issue - is it to do with the filter only ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Weekend Projects: DIY Thanksgiving Decor
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Forgiving Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- 10 Quick Fixes for a More Refreshing Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!