I have an old gas furnace that has been oiled and gotten a new belt. When it turns on it makes a humming noise for about the first 5-10 seconds and then goes away. How do I get rid of the humming?
You cant, the bearings and shaft and that motor or the blower wheel and its bearings are bad. AT this point live with it, because it's too old an furnace to put one peny into repairing. Any furnace thats more than ten to twelve years old, I do not repair because it does my customers a dis service to have them put money into something thats inefficient and will need replacement any way. If I were you I would just live with the noise--and not spend anything trying to remedy the situation other than replacement.
Bryant High Efficiency Gas Furnace
New Thermostat-Gas furnace runs almost constantly
Gas Furnace/Water Heater: Is Fresh Air Source Needed...
Gas furnace install (cost???)
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!