I have an old gas furnace that has been oiled and gotten a new belt. When it turns on it makes a humming noise for about the first 5-10 seconds and then goes away. How do I get rid of the humming?
You cant, the bearings and shaft and that motor or the blower wheel and its bearings are bad. AT this point live with it, because it's too old an furnace to put one peny into repairing. Any furnace thats more than ten to twelve years old, I do not repair because it does my customers a dis service to have them put money into something thats inefficient and will need replacement any way. If I were you I would just live with the noise--and not spend anything trying to remedy the situation other than replacement.
Bryant High Efficiency Gas Furnace
New Thermostat-Gas furnace runs almost constantly
Gas Furnace/Water Heater: Is Fresh Air Source Needed...
Gas furnace install (cost???)
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight