Hello... I am looking into replacing my electric heat pump system that is about 18 years old. I am replacing this unit for many reasons - because it is about at the end of its life, because the new ones are a lot more effecient, and most importantly because in the winter it is always hot upstairs and cold downstairs (and in the summer, visa versa). The most important thing for me is to correct that problem.
My home is a two story townhouse with a vaulted ceiling. The only return is at the top of the stairs. The thermostat is on the first level. There is no basement, so we are built on a slab. The current heat pump system is one zone.
I have done some research and have received answers such as there needs to be a return on the first floor to pull out the cold air, there should be two zones, and there is no solution. I tend to think that adding a return sound like the best solution, but I have no knowledge about these things other than the little that I've been told.
I would appreciate any suggestions because it always helps to get information from people whom are not the ones selling the equipment.
Thanks in advance...
Aquapex plumbing/attic ventilation.
how to install GFCI protection on multiwire branch c...
Garage Door; Phantom Reversal
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 “Stone Sober” Household Uses for Liquor
- 10 Fun Planters to Make with Everyday Objects
- 15 Spring Home Maintenance Musts
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Wow-Worthy Window Films: 11 Top Picks
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Air Quality
- 10 Ingenious Home Uses for Baking Soda