Hello... I am looking into replacing my electric heat pump system that is about 18 years old. I am replacing this unit for many reasons - because it is about at the end of its life, because the new ones are a lot more effecient, and most importantly because in the winter it is always hot upstairs and cold downstairs (and in the summer, visa versa). The most important thing for me is to correct that problem.
My home is a two story townhouse with a vaulted ceiling. The only return is at the top of the stairs. The thermostat is on the first level. There is no basement, so we are built on a slab. The current heat pump system is one zone.
I have done some research and have received answers such as there needs to be a return on the first floor to pull out the cold air, there should be two zones, and there is no solution. I tend to think that adding a return sound like the best solution, but I have no knowledge about these things other than the little that I've been told.
I would appreciate any suggestions because it always helps to get information from people whom are not the ones selling the equipment.
Thanks in advance...
Aquapex plumbing/attic ventilation.
how to install GFCI protection on multiwire branch c...
Garage Door; Phantom Reversal
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?