Hello... I am looking into replacing my electric heat pump system that is about 18 years old. I am replacing this unit for many reasons - because it is about at the end of its life, because the new ones are a lot more effecient, and most importantly because in the winter it is always hot upstairs and cold downstairs (and in the summer, visa versa). The most important thing for me is to correct that problem.
My home is a two story townhouse with a vaulted ceiling. The only return is at the top of the stairs. The thermostat is on the first level. There is no basement, so we are built on a slab. The current heat pump system is one zone.
I have done some research and have received answers such as there needs to be a return on the first floor to pull out the cold air, there should be two zones, and there is no solution. I tend to think that adding a return sound like the best solution, but I have no knowledge about these things other than the little that I've been told.
I would appreciate any suggestions because it always helps to get information from people whom are not the ones selling the equipment.
Thanks in advance...
Aquapex plumbing/attic ventilation.
how to install GFCI protection on multiwire branch c...
Garage Door; Phantom Reversal
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 10 DIY Ways Renters Can Customize Their Space
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Secondhand Shopping Tips