Not sure where I should post this question as it applies to my lower floor drain and my central AC system.
My AC condensation (??) drain drains directly to my floor drain in my laundry room floor. I am thinking the central air system was installed after the house was built in the 60s since I can think of no obvious reason why this installed this way.
The problem is I am tired of tripping over the drain pipe and dislodging it from the floor drain creating a mess in the floor. Is there any way that this drainage pipe can be either re-routed to the exterior of the house or make a cut in the floor and install the drain beneath the concrete floor?
If I go the beneath the concrete route would there be any issues with keeping the piping clear of debris?
What type of piping should be used under the concrete? Is PVC acceptable? Right now the pipe on the floor is PVC and the connection to the AC (actually heating and AC) unit is clear flexible tubing.
I am assuming that draining to the exterior wall won't work because it would be against gravity. Is this a DIY job for someone with beginner to intermediate DIY skills?
Thanks for any replies.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 “Stone Sober” Household Uses for Liquor
- 10 Fun Planters to Make with Everyday Objects
- 15 Spring Home Maintenance Musts
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Wow-Worthy Window Films: 11 Top Picks
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Air Quality
- 10 Ingenious Home Uses for Baking Soda