Not sure where I should post this question as it applies to my lower floor drain and my central AC system.
My AC condensation (??) drain drains directly to my floor drain in my laundry room floor. I am thinking the central air system was installed after the house was built in the 60s since I can think of no obvious reason why this installed this way.
The problem is I am tired of tripping over the drain pipe and dislodging it from the floor drain creating a mess in the floor. Is there any way that this drainage pipe can be either re-routed to the exterior of the house or make a cut in the floor and install the drain beneath the concrete floor?
If I go the beneath the concrete route would there be any issues with keeping the piping clear of debris?
What type of piping should be used under the concrete? Is PVC acceptable? Right now the pipe on the floor is PVC and the connection to the AC (actually heating and AC) unit is clear flexible tubing.
I am assuming that draining to the exterior wall won't work because it would be against gravity. Is this a DIY job for someone with beginner to intermediate DIY skills?
Thanks for any replies.
Lennox AC blowing fuses
AC Wiring forfan
AC Fan only works when I turn the fan on at the furnace
ac return problem
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!