Not sure where I should post this question as it applies to my lower floor drain and my central AC system.
My AC condensation (??) drain drains directly to my floor drain in my laundry room floor. I am thinking the central air system was installed after the house was built in the 60s since I can think of no obvious reason why this installed this way.
The problem is I am tired of tripping over the drain pipe and dislodging it from the floor drain creating a mess in the floor. Is there any way that this drainage pipe can be either re-routed to the exterior of the house or make a cut in the floor and install the drain beneath the concrete floor?
If I go the beneath the concrete route would there be any issues with keeping the piping clear of debris?
What type of piping should be used under the concrete? Is PVC acceptable? Right now the pipe on the floor is PVC and the connection to the AC (actually heating and AC) unit is clear flexible tubing.
I am assuming that draining to the exterior wall won't work because it would be against gravity. Is this a DIY job for someone with beginner to intermediate DIY skills?
Thanks for any replies.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- How to Refinish a Dresser
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY