Not sure where I should post this question as it applies to my lower floor drain and my central AC system.
My AC condensation (??) drain drains directly to my floor drain in my laundry room floor. I am thinking the central air system was installed after the house was built in the 60s since I can think of no obvious reason why this installed this way.
The problem is I am tired of tripping over the drain pipe and dislodging it from the floor drain creating a mess in the floor. Is there any way that this drainage pipe can be either re-routed to the exterior of the house or make a cut in the floor and install the drain beneath the concrete floor?
If I go the beneath the concrete route would there be any issues with keeping the piping clear of debris?
What type of piping should be used under the concrete? Is PVC acceptable? Right now the pipe on the floor is PVC and the connection to the AC (actually heating and AC) unit is clear flexible tubing.
I am assuming that draining to the exterior wall won't work because it would be against gravity. Is this a DIY job for someone with beginner to intermediate DIY skills?
Thanks for any replies.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 5 Things to Do with... Colanders
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps