Our furnace recently started blowing cool air intermittently--it will start to light, but sounds like it's struggling to light. It will try several times, then finally just start blowing cool air. Also, sometimes it will be blowing worm air, then suddenly switch to cool.
First, we don't have any money right now (grad school :) and probably only need the furnace for another 3 weeks, so is this something we can live with for that long and fix next year? OR, is it a safety issue? Is there a clogged vent, and a possibility of Carbon Monoxide backing up? We had a severe carbon monoxide leak a few years ago and don't want to do that again.
Thanks for the advice!
Did you ever get this fixed and how? I have the same issue with the flames going on/off every 10-20 seconds.
Furnace Blowing cold air
Cold air blowing OUT of cold air RETURN with furnace...
Furnace Blows Bold Bir
Furnace on blowing cool air/blower reset
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!