Our furnace recently started blowing cool air intermittently--it will start to light, but sounds like it's struggling to light. It will try several times, then finally just start blowing cool air. Also, sometimes it will be blowing worm air, then suddenly switch to cool.
First, we don't have any money right now (grad school :) and probably only need the furnace for another 3 weeks, so is this something we can live with for that long and fix next year? OR, is it a safety issue? Is there a clogged vent, and a possibility of Carbon Monoxide backing up? We had a severe carbon monoxide leak a few years ago and don't want to do that again.
Thanks for the advice!
Did you ever get this fixed and how? I have the same issue with the flames going on/off every 10-20 seconds.
Furnace Blowing cold air
Cold air blowing OUT of cold air RETURN with furnace...
Furnace Blows Bold Bir
Furnace on blowing cool air/blower reset
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips