Our furnace recently started blowing cool air intermittently--it will start to light, but sounds like it's struggling to light. It will try several times, then finally just start blowing cool air. Also, sometimes it will be blowing worm air, then suddenly switch to cool.
First, we don't have any money right now (grad school :) and probably only need the furnace for another 3 weeks, so is this something we can live with for that long and fix next year? OR, is it a safety issue? Is there a clogged vent, and a possibility of Carbon Monoxide backing up? We had a severe carbon monoxide leak a few years ago and don't want to do that again.
Thanks for the advice!
Did you ever get this fixed and how? I have the same issue with the flames going on/off every 10-20 seconds.
Furnace Blowing cold air
Cold air blowing OUT of cold air RETURN with furnace...
Furnace Blows Bold Bir
Furnace on blowing cool air/blower reset
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps