An elderly lady friend asked me about CO Detectors yesterday. I said that they are great to have, she said she moved hers from her old home to her new home 6 years ago. I asked her how old is it? She didn't really know, probably 8 to 10 years old. So I suggested she replace it, then she asked me to go to the hardware store for her to get one, and I asked how old are you smoke detectors and fire extinguisher. The smoke detectors are the same age as the CO detector and she didn't have a fire extinguisher, so Monday, she and I are going to the hardware store and do some shopping.
I asked the local fire station about smoke detectors and CO detectors and they said if they are older than 10 years, then they should be replaced, because of possible unit failures and the newer one do have better technology.
I think that this is the right attitude to take on these safety items.
Support Your Local Artists
They Make Neat Stuff
Please help with hard-wired smoke detector issue...
SEMCO (Semling-Menke Co. Inc)
Cob Hill Co-operative
combo dual ion/photo smoke/co detector??
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes