An elderly lady friend asked me about CO Detectors yesterday. I said that they are great to have, she said she moved hers from her old home to her new home 6 years ago. I asked her how old is it? She didn't really know, probably 8 to 10 years old. So I suggested she replace it, then she asked me to go to the hardware store for her to get one, and I asked how old are you smoke detectors and fire extinguisher. The smoke detectors are the same age as the CO detector and she didn't have a fire extinguisher, so Monday, she and I are going to the hardware store and do some shopping.
I asked the local fire station about smoke detectors and CO detectors and they said if they are older than 10 years, then they should be replaced, because of possible unit failures and the newer one do have better technology.
I think that this is the right attitude to take on these safety items.
Support Your Local Artists
They Make Neat Stuff
Please help with hard-wired smoke detector issue...
SEMCO (Semling-Menke Co. Inc)
Cob Hill Co-operative
combo dual ion/photo smoke/co detector??
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!