An elderly lady friend asked me about CO Detectors yesterday. I said that they are great to have, she said she moved hers from her old home to her new home 6 years ago. I asked her how old is it? She didn't really know, probably 8 to 10 years old. So I suggested she replace it, then she asked me to go to the hardware store for her to get one, and I asked how old are you smoke detectors and fire extinguisher. The smoke detectors are the same age as the CO detector and she didn't have a fire extinguisher, so Monday, she and I are going to the hardware store and do some shopping.
I asked the local fire station about smoke detectors and CO detectors and they said if they are older than 10 years, then they should be replaced, because of possible unit failures and the newer one do have better technology.
I think that this is the right attitude to take on these safety items.
Support Your Local Artists
They Make Neat Stuff
Please help with hard-wired smoke detector issue...
SEMCO (Semling-Menke Co. Inc)
Cob Hill Co-operative
combo dual ion/photo smoke/co detector??
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Stay Bite-Free with 8 High-Tech Bug Zappers
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Perk Up Your Garden with 10 New Perennials
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools