An elderly lady friend asked me about CO Detectors yesterday. I said that they are great to have, she said she moved hers from her old home to her new home 6 years ago. I asked her how old is it? She didn't really know, probably 8 to 10 years old. So I suggested she replace it, then she asked me to go to the hardware store for her to get one, and I asked how old are you smoke detectors and fire extinguisher. The smoke detectors are the same age as the CO detector and she didn't have a fire extinguisher, so Monday, she and I are going to the hardware store and do some shopping.
I asked the local fire station about smoke detectors and CO detectors and they said if they are older than 10 years, then they should be replaced, because of possible unit failures and the newer one do have better technology.
I think that this is the right attitude to take on these safety items.
Support Your Local Artists
They Make Neat Stuff
Please help with hard-wired smoke detector issue...
SEMCO (Semling-Menke Co. Inc)
Cob Hill Co-operative
combo dual ion/photo smoke/co detector??
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs