An elderly lady friend asked me about CO Detectors yesterday. I said that they are great to have, she said she moved hers from her old home to her new home 6 years ago. I asked her how old is it? She didn't really know, probably 8 to 10 years old. So I suggested she replace it, then she asked me to go to the hardware store for her to get one, and I asked how old are you smoke detectors and fire extinguisher. The smoke detectors are the same age as the CO detector and she didn't have a fire extinguisher, so Monday, she and I are going to the hardware store and do some shopping.
I asked the local fire station about smoke detectors and CO detectors and they said if they are older than 10 years, then they should be replaced, because of possible unit failures and the newer one do have better technology.
I think that this is the right attitude to take on these safety items.
Support Your Local Artists
They Make Neat Stuff
Please help with hard-wired smoke detector issue...
SEMCO (Semling-Menke Co. Inc)
Cob Hill Co-operative
combo dual ion/photo smoke/co detector??
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps