I would like to know the best and most cost efficient way to cool my 400 sq. ft garage in sunny Florida.
Could you explain to me in laymens terms the best and most cost efficient way to:
1) insulate concrete block walls
2) insulate the ceiling
3) insulate the garage door (or buy an insulated garage door) *** I would still like to still open and close the garage door
4) best cooling system to use in a garage with no windows and no other outside doors (portable unit vs wall unit vs hooking into central air)
5) I am also wondering about sound proofing...will this insulation you recommend provide enough sound proofing for an aspiring rock band or is there an additional thing you would recommend?
6) any other thing you would recommend, that I might have overlooked, to totally cool and sound proof my garage
Get Help from Bob Vila
- Give-Aways & Offers
- Monthly Must Do's
- DIY Project Ideas
- Step-by-Step Guides
- Inspirational Photo Galleries