I need to replace a missing chimney cap on a preway fireplace. I understand preway is out of business, and parts are not available. What can I use?
Please!! Rainy season is coming.
Unfortunately Preway did fabricate unique chimney systems. Many were up to 11-inches in diameter and may be double wall systems. Anyway, measure the inside and outside diameter and note whether the chimney is single or double wall at the cap. Either a standard or custom fabricated cap can be ordered. For example (not endorsement), an 11-inch cap can be ordered here: http://www.fireplacemall.com/Chimney_Caps/Chim_Cap_Stainless_Forever_Rou/chim_cap_stainless_forever_rou.html
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight