Hello. I'm about to install a new A/C window unit and would like some advice.
Last week, my home was robbed. The theif pulled the A/C unit out of the window to gain access to my home. I would like to find a way to prevent that from happening again.
I've never liked the accordian style slats that these units come with and would like to try and replace them with something else.
Does anyone know a tried and true method of installing these units that will be a bit more secure?
What kind of window do you have? That info is needed for a solution. Get some angle iron attach it to a/c and screw it to the window frame, make sure it is the length of the entire window frame.Take out that accordian cr&p and use plywood with caulk adhesive on all four sides. Also use the iron on the outside with some tamper proof screws, if unit is secured tightly even the HULK wouldn't be able to work it loose. GOOD LUCK.
Area above central A/C unit
Room A/C questions
Old Fedders A/C Unit
Hmmmmm.....Window A/C question from a few weeks ago?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight