Hello. I'm about to install a new A/C window unit and would like some advice.
Last week, my home was robbed. The theif pulled the A/C unit out of the window to gain access to my home. I would like to find a way to prevent that from happening again.
I've never liked the accordian style slats that these units come with and would like to try and replace them with something else.
Does anyone know a tried and true method of installing these units that will be a bit more secure?
What kind of window do you have? That info is needed for a solution. Get some angle iron attach it to a/c and screw it to the window frame, make sure it is the length of the entire window frame.Take out that accordian cr&p and use plywood with caulk adhesive on all four sides. Also use the iron on the outside with some tamper proof screws, if unit is secured tightly even the HULK wouldn't be able to work it loose. GOOD LUCK.
Area above central A/C unit
Room A/C questions
Old Fedders A/C Unit
Hmmmmm.....Window A/C question from a few weeks ago?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers