Hello. I'm about to install a new A/C window unit and would like some advice.
Last week, my home was robbed. The theif pulled the A/C unit out of the window to gain access to my home. I would like to find a way to prevent that from happening again.
I've never liked the accordian style slats that these units come with and would like to try and replace them with something else.
Does anyone know a tried and true method of installing these units that will be a bit more secure?
What kind of window do you have? That info is needed for a solution. Get some angle iron attach it to a/c and screw it to the window frame, make sure it is the length of the entire window frame.Take out that accordian cr&p and use plywood with caulk adhesive on all four sides. Also use the iron on the outside with some tamper proof screws, if unit is secured tightly even the HULK wouldn't be able to work it loose. GOOD LUCK.
Area above central A/C unit
Room A/C questions
Old Fedders A/C Unit
Hmmmmm.....Window A/C question from a few weeks ago?
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING