Hello. I'm about to install a new A/C window unit and would like some advice.
Last week, my home was robbed. The theif pulled the A/C unit out of the window to gain access to my home. I would like to find a way to prevent that from happening again.
I've never liked the accordian style slats that these units come with and would like to try and replace them with something else.
Does anyone know a tried and true method of installing these units that will be a bit more secure?
What kind of window do you have? That info is needed for a solution. Get some angle iron attach it to a/c and screw it to the window frame, make sure it is the length of the entire window frame.Take out that accordian cr&p and use plywood with caulk adhesive on all four sides. Also use the iron on the outside with some tamper proof screws, if unit is secured tightly even the HULK wouldn't be able to work it loose. GOOD LUCK.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!