I Am Looking For Some Tech. Info. About Std. Lag Screws,
That Someone Might Know Or Would Know Where I Find.
I Am Attaching L3x3x1/4 Steel Angles To The 1 1/2 " Face
Of Wood 2x6 Studs (#2 Southern Yellow Pine*)
Thru Bolts Can Not Be Used In This Application.
I Plan To Use Hex Head Zinc Plated Lag Screw (Grade #2) With Std. Flat Washer.
* = Assumed Type Of Wood Used For Framing In This Area
Here Is What Info I Need:
1. Is There A Minimum Embed Ratio (Diameter x _?_ = Min. Embed) For Lag Screws ?
2. The Shear (Lbs.) And The Pull-Out (Lbs.) For Lag Screws:
a. 1/4 " With Minimum 1 1/4 " Embed In Wood
b. 3/8 " With Minimum 1 1/2 " Embed In Wood
c. 1/2 " With Minimum 2" Embed In Wood
3. Is There A Maximum Embed Ratio,
That Would Make The Tension Of Lag Screw The Important Figure ?
Values Can Be The 'Ultimate Load' Or 'Safety Work Load'
And What The Safety Work Load Ratio Is ?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!