I am trying to figure out how much of a temperature increase insualting a basement office will give me.
If my basement ( which is unheated ) is 50 degrees F - and I insulate an 8 x 12 room real good - can I expect temperatures in that room to be higher then the rest of the basement and if yes - by how much 5 , 10 degrees.
At this time I am not considering a hardwire heater - although I suppose a plug in is possible.
Anyway - Let me know if I can expect the office to be a little warmer then 50 F??
Thanks - jg1234
Without a heat source the room temperature will not change. If you are running electronic equipment, lighting or just sitting in there, the room temperature may rise in time. Basically, the temperature will be like a cave without a heat source. If you add a heat source, the insulation slow heat transfer, and the temperature will be held more constant. Insulation does not create heat. It can keep things cold as well.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs