I am trying to figure out how much of a temperature increase insualting a basement office will give me.
If my basement ( which is unheated ) is 50 degrees F - and I insulate an 8 x 12 room real good - can I expect temperatures in that room to be higher then the rest of the basement and if yes - by how much 5 , 10 degrees.
At this time I am not considering a hardwire heater - although I suppose a plug in is possible.
Anyway - Let me know if I can expect the office to be a little warmer then 50 F??
Thanks - jg1234
Without a heat source the room temperature will not change. If you are running electronic equipment, lighting or just sitting in there, the room temperature may rise in time. Basically, the temperature will be like a cave without a heat source. If you add a heat source, the insulation slow heat transfer, and the temperature will be held more constant. Insulation does not create heat. It can keep things cold as well.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Stay Bite-Free with 8 High-Tech Bug Zappers
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Perk Up Your Garden with 10 New Perennials
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools