I am trying to figure out how much of a temperature increase insualting a basement office will give me.
If my basement ( which is unheated ) is 50 degrees F - and I insulate an 8 x 12 room real good - can I expect temperatures in that room to be higher then the rest of the basement and if yes - by how much 5 , 10 degrees.
At this time I am not considering a hardwire heater - although I suppose a plug in is possible.
Anyway - Let me know if I can expect the office to be a little warmer then 50 F??
Thanks - jg1234
Without a heat source the room temperature will not change. If you are running electronic equipment, lighting or just sitting in there, the room temperature may rise in time. Basically, the temperature will be like a cave without a heat source. If you add a heat source, the insulation slow heat transfer, and the temperature will be held more constant. Insulation does not create heat. It can keep things cold as well.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps