I am trying to figure out how much of a temperature increase insualting a basement office will give me.
If my basement ( which is unheated ) is 50 degrees F - and I insulate an 8 x 12 room real good - can I expect temperatures in that room to be higher then the rest of the basement and if yes - by how much 5 , 10 degrees.
At this time I am not considering a hardwire heater - although I suppose a plug in is possible.
Anyway - Let me know if I can expect the office to be a little warmer then 50 F??
Thanks - jg1234
Without a heat source the room temperature will not change. If you are running electronic equipment, lighting or just sitting in there, the room temperature may rise in time. Basically, the temperature will be like a cave without a heat source. If you add a heat source, the insulation slow heat transfer, and the temperature will be held more constant. Insulation does not create heat. It can keep things cold as well.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!