My Oil burner is about 50 years old and probably had its last season. Last winter when I needed the circulator pump replaced I had to contact 12 companies before I found someone who would service my oil burner. Now the oil burner is leaking. I believe from behind the plate that has the hot water leaving the burner. 4 of the 6 bolts are dripping water. When I replace the burner should I go with a natural gas or oil burner?
I don't currently have natural gas. But The houses across the street were built in the early 80's and they have natural gas. If the gas company will install a gas line to my house should I go with natural gas or stick with oil? Which is more economical?
I have propane stove so at least I could get rid of that ugly tank!!
Thanks for the information
Electric Tankless Steam Heating Residential boilers
Underground oil tank advice
Forced-air electric heat
Natural gas, oil or porpane heating system?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?