My Oil burner is about 50 years old and probably had its last season. Last winter when I needed the circulator pump replaced I had to contact 12 companies before I found someone who would service my oil burner. Now the oil burner is leaking. I believe from behind the plate that has the hot water leaving the burner. 4 of the 6 bolts are dripping water. When I replace the burner should I go with a natural gas or oil burner?
I don't currently have natural gas. But The houses across the street were built in the early 80's and they have natural gas. If the gas company will install a gas line to my house should I go with natural gas or stick with oil? Which is more economical?
I have propane stove so at least I could get rid of that ugly tank!!
Thanks for the information
Electric Tankless Steam Heating Residential boilers
Underground oil tank advice
Forced-air electric heat
Natural gas, oil or porpane heating system?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes