My Oil burner is about 50 years old and probably had its last season. Last winter when I needed the circulator pump replaced I had to contact 12 companies before I found someone who would service my oil burner. Now the oil burner is leaking. I believe from behind the plate that has the hot water leaving the burner. 4 of the 6 bolts are dripping water. When I replace the burner should I go with a natural gas or oil burner?
I don't currently have natural gas. But The houses across the street were built in the early 80's and they have natural gas. If the gas company will install a gas line to my house should I go with natural gas or stick with oil? Which is more economical?
I have propane stove so at least I could get rid of that ugly tank!!
Thanks for the information
Electric Tankless Steam Heating Residential boilers
Underground oil tank advice
Forced-air electric heat
Natural gas, oil or porpane heating system?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!