I have a Trane XE80. It started leaking water into the house. I am sure my drainage hose is clogged, but I can't determine where the drain pan is located. Can anyone help me? The hose leads through the floor and I can't tell where it comes out on the outside. any info would be much appreciated.
I'd check out the residential section of www.trane.com ... they may have an on-line owner's manual or you may be able to use their search facility to look up your model.
I have the same model. Look at the side of the unit where the drain hose/pipe connects. It is also where the refrigerant lines enter the unit. That section has a panel roughly 2'x2' square held on by about 6-8 screws. The drip pan is on the other side of that panel, but first you should try to disconnect or cut the drip (condensation) pipe/hose and unscrew it so you can clear any clog.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects