Well, the "Sunbeam" gravity furnace (circa 1960's) in my 1880's victorian home was red-tagged by the gas company. I think the culprit is the pilot system. No one wants to try to fix it. Does anyone know a hvac contractor in Orange County, CA, who will work on a gravity furnace? And, where can parts be obtained?
I hesitate to say you are beating a dead horse, but, why are you beating a dead horse? Could be time for a replacement unit, and if you are concerned about those huge ducts, forced air ducts can be routed right through them.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!