Well, the "Sunbeam" gravity furnace (circa 1960's) in my 1880's victorian home was red-tagged by the gas company. I think the culprit is the pilot system. No one wants to try to fix it. Does anyone know a hvac contractor in Orange County, CA, who will work on a gravity furnace? And, where can parts be obtained?
I hesitate to say you are beating a dead horse, but, why are you beating a dead horse? Could be time for a replacement unit, and if you are concerned about those huge ducts, forced air ducts can be routed right through them.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!