I just replaced the manual thermostat for my high-effeciency furnace with a programmable one, however immediately the fan starting running 24/7. I tried turning the cooling/heating switch to off but it kept running. The only way to stop it was to turn the breaker in the electrical panel off. I checked the wires and all the colours match.
In addition, with this new thermostat, the fan switches to a lower speed after the ac condensor turns off but again stays on constantly.
Is this normal?
Fan position operation
Digital Thermostat Installation Help
Forced Hot Air Furnace Fan Control On Low Speed
gmp050-3 Goodman Gas heater fan says on all the time
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!