I don't know how long the problem has been occuring, because I just noticed it yesterday. It has started to cool down so I turned off the thermostat.
I then noticed that the furnance was running and blowing air through the vents. It's not hot air or cold air, it's just as if a fan is running.
I turned off the furnace and went to the main fuse box and shut everything off and then back on, but that didn't help.
I also tried turning the heat on and setting the thermostat for a temperature lower than the current temp. After a few minutes though the furnace came on and again started blowing air through the vents.
The furnace runs for several minutes blowing the air, and then shuts off for about 10-20 seconds, and then comes back on again.
Any idea what is happening???
Just installed a new furnace circuit board #325878-7...
Single Stage vs. Two Stage Furnaces
Old Gas Furnace
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!