I don't know how long the problem has been occuring, because I just noticed it yesterday. It has started to cool down so I turned off the thermostat.
I then noticed that the furnance was running and blowing air through the vents. It's not hot air or cold air, it's just as if a fan is running.
I turned off the furnace and went to the main fuse box and shut everything off and then back on, but that didn't help.
I also tried turning the heat on and setting the thermostat for a temperature lower than the current temp. After a few minutes though the furnace came on and again started blowing air through the vents.
The furnace runs for several minutes blowing the air, and then shuts off for about 10-20 seconds, and then comes back on again.
Any idea what is happening???
Just installed a new furnace circuit board #325878-7...
Single Stage vs. Two Stage Furnaces
Old Gas Furnace
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 9 Things You Never Thought to Paint—But Should
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Storage Where You Least Expected It
- 9 Best Lighting Picks for Your Bedroom
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- 10 Alternatives to a Traditional Home Office