We just built a picket fence from pressure treated lumber and we are trying to decide on paint or stain to make the fence white. We live in Michigan, harsh winter, in an historic district.
Paint would seem to protect the wood better, but since it's pressure treated, don't know that this is really a "plus."
I believe stain would be better, from a maintenance perspective, as it won't peel and we can just spray another coat on when it gets thin.
We bought a Titan 440i to spray... and we'll get the correct nozel for the paint/stain... just not sure if one is better than the other.
Anyone have any suggestions?
White wash?? Clueless...
Cabinet sprucing up
What would be best to stain or paint over a dark stain?
Making Plywood Floor look like a gem............
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects