We just built a picket fence from pressure treated lumber and we are trying to decide on paint or stain to make the fence white. We live in Michigan, harsh winter, in an historic district.
Paint would seem to protect the wood better, but since it's pressure treated, don't know that this is really a "plus."
I believe stain would be better, from a maintenance perspective, as it won't peel and we can just spray another coat on when it gets thin.
We bought a Titan 440i to spray... and we'll get the correct nozel for the paint/stain... just not sure if one is better than the other.
Anyone have any suggestions?
White wash?? Clueless...
Cabinet sprucing up
What would be best to stain or paint over a dark stain?
Making Plywood Floor look like a gem............
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers