We just built a picket fence from pressure treated lumber and we are trying to decide on paint or stain to make the fence white. We live in Michigan, harsh winter, in an historic district.
Paint would seem to protect the wood better, but since it's pressure treated, don't know that this is really a "plus."
I believe stain would be better, from a maintenance perspective, as it won't peel and we can just spray another coat on when it gets thin.
We bought a Titan 440i to spray... and we'll get the correct nozel for the paint/stain... just not sure if one is better than the other.
Anyone have any suggestions?
White wash?? Clueless...
Cabinet sprucing up
What would be best to stain or paint over a dark stain?
Making Plywood Floor look like a gem............
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight