We just built a picket fence from pressure treated lumber and we are trying to decide on paint or stain to make the fence white. We live in Michigan, harsh winter, in an historic district.
Paint would seem to protect the wood better, but since it's pressure treated, don't know that this is really a "plus."
I believe stain would be better, from a maintenance perspective, as it won't peel and we can just spray another coat on when it gets thin.
We bought a Titan 440i to spray... and we'll get the correct nozel for the paint/stain... just not sure if one is better than the other.
Anyone have any suggestions?
White wash?? Clueless...
Cabinet sprucing up
What would be best to stain or paint over a dark stain?
Making Plywood Floor look like a gem............
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!