for the past 2 days my ac blows air, not not cold. we have a repair man come out to take a look at it. he said the compressor is out and i have two options. 1) pay them $1,500 for a new compressor or 2) buy a new ac unit.
i don't know how old the ac is. it's a rooftop. i've owned the house for 2 years so it's at least that old. the brand name is gaffers & stadler or something to that effect.
my question is, should i get a 2nd opinion? also, how much is a new ac unit? i've called sears and home depot now and no will tell me the cost. i have to set up a quote appointment to find out.
it is what it is, but i'd like to know an approximate amount. i have a 3 floor townhome, 1300 sq ft.
any help would be much appreciated.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!