I am redoing the basement . When i removed the "old" paneling i found no insulation on the block walls. I decided to to build out the walls with 2x3's to save some space. The hot water baseboard runs to close to the walls to build them out, can i cap off the water to the basement ( seperate zone ) while building the wall and finishing ?. I would like to install new baseboard anyway.
And should i drain the entire system? i am having pop off problems also . Any help will be appreciated . Thanks in advance.
If the boiler is popping the relief valve it means 1) the automatic fill valve is letting too much water into the system 2) the expansion tank needs to be drained 3) you might have a bad relief valve. The boiler should run normal at about 15-20 psi on the gauge and about 180 deg. water temp. More than 30 psi or 220 deg. will open the relief valve. Of course you can drain the system to replumb the basement. You will need to vent all the radiators when you refill the system.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!