I have a three year old home. The two small bedrooms are at least 5 degrees colder than the rest of the house. The thermostat is by the master bedroom and the others areon the opposite side of the house. It doesn't seem to matter if the heat is on or not. What should I look for or what should I do? I have to small children, I don't want them to freeze. Thank you.
Is the house a single or 2 story? Here are a few things that will help if it has a forced air heating system .1) Identify the pipes that go to the cold rooms if you can get to them. If the pipe has a damper, make sure it is open. 2) Make sure the registers in the floor of the cold rooms are open.3)Is the furnace filter clean? 4)Is the furnace blower running on high speed. You may have to have a pro look at it. Some times the cooling coil can get dirty and mess up the airflow to the house.5)If all else fails, you can damper down some other vents to force more air to the end of the house. This is not really a good way to solve the problem though.
It is a single story house. The rooms are colder even if we don't run the furnace. I went up in the attic to check the insulation and it is the same throughout the house. I'm not sure what would make the rooms cool down faster than the rest of the house but, I think I will try adjusting the dampers and call the HVAC contractor. Thank you!
I am having the same problem. I have a 1800 sq/ft home, and the furnace is closer to the master bedroom, oddly enough, my master bath and closet which is like a small room and everything that is at the other end of the house is way colder than the master bedroom. In the master bedroom from about a height of 4ft down to the floor is circulating cold air , above that and you are sweating if the heat is high enough.
Cold air return design
Cold Air Return Noise
Cold Air returns in the up stairs of my 1910 2 story...
Building Cold Air Return
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects