Yeah, I know, dumb question. But I had my annual furnace boiler inspection last week and the guys didn't turn everything back on when they were done, and I've waited two days for them to return my calls on it and it's getting cold! This is an old closed-system boiler powered by gas, with radiators, and the service guys recommended I get a new one. They left the pilot light on but they didn't flip the electricity back on (I turned it off for the inspection per their request). Do I just turn on the electric switch and I'm ready to turn up the thermostat and get heat? Thanks.
Is it possible there's no switch by the boiler? The switch I turned off for them is the light switch. How would I identify the boiler switch -- is it right on or near the boiler, and is it likely to be the only switch I see? The boiler is from the 1950s, LOL!
I went down and verified that the only electrical switch is the one wall switch. Now I have a question about pressure. An inspector told me last week that 50lbs. was dangerous. But the dial seems to imply that 70lbs. or higher is dangerous. The letters are in black up to 70 lbs. and after that there is a red zone. Is it possible to know which is correct -- the inspector or the dial? Thank you.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING