Yeah, I know, dumb question. But I had my annual furnace boiler inspection last week and the guys didn't turn everything back on when they were done, and I've waited two days for them to return my calls on it and it's getting cold! This is an old closed-system boiler powered by gas, with radiators, and the service guys recommended I get a new one. They left the pilot light on but they didn't flip the electricity back on (I turned it off for the inspection per their request). Do I just turn on the electric switch and I'm ready to turn up the thermostat and get heat? Thanks.
Is it possible there's no switch by the boiler? The switch I turned off for them is the light switch. How would I identify the boiler switch -- is it right on or near the boiler, and is it likely to be the only switch I see? The boiler is from the 1950s, LOL!
I went down and verified that the only electrical switch is the one wall switch. Now I have a question about pressure. An inspector told me last week that 50lbs. was dangerous. But the dial seems to imply that 70lbs. or higher is dangerous. The letters are in black up to 70 lbs. and after that there is a red zone. Is it possible to know which is correct -- the inspector or the dial? Thank you.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?