Yeah, I know, dumb question. But I had my annual furnace boiler inspection last week and the guys didn't turn everything back on when they were done, and I've waited two days for them to return my calls on it and it's getting cold! This is an old closed-system boiler powered by gas, with radiators, and the service guys recommended I get a new one. They left the pilot light on but they didn't flip the electricity back on (I turned it off for the inspection per their request). Do I just turn on the electric switch and I'm ready to turn up the thermostat and get heat? Thanks.
Is it possible there's no switch by the boiler? The switch I turned off for them is the light switch. How would I identify the boiler switch -- is it right on or near the boiler, and is it likely to be the only switch I see? The boiler is from the 1950s, LOL!
I went down and verified that the only electrical switch is the one wall switch. Now I have a question about pressure. An inspector told me last week that 50lbs. was dangerous. But the dial seems to imply that 70lbs. or higher is dangerous. The letters are in black up to 70 lbs. and after that there is a red zone. Is it possible to know which is correct -- the inspector or the dial? Thank you.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight