Just wondering. I acquired a Honeywell Chronotherm T8624D thermostat--and I was wondering if will work on my rather basic York furnace.
The Chronotherm says it's a Deluxe Multistage Thermostat.
I believe my old York furnace is probably a single stage (just a Natural Gas Forced Air)--but I really don't know. It is nothing fancy, I know that for sure :)
Are these compatible, or should I send this new thermostat back and pick up a simpler one? My old Honeywell thermostat works fine--it just requires annual battery replacement and is nothing fancy.
Thanks in advance!
-k2 in CO
Moderator, Miscellaneous Forum
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight