Just wondering. I acquired a Honeywell Chronotherm T8624D thermostat--and I was wondering if will work on my rather basic York furnace.
The Chronotherm says it's a Deluxe Multistage Thermostat.
I believe my old York furnace is probably a single stage (just a Natural Gas Forced Air)--but I really don't know. It is nothing fancy, I know that for sure :)
Are these compatible, or should I send this new thermostat back and pick up a simpler one? My old Honeywell thermostat works fine--it just requires annual battery replacement and is nothing fancy.
Thanks in advance!
-k2 in CO
Moderator, Miscellaneous Forum
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers