Just wondering. I acquired a Honeywell Chronotherm T8624D thermostat--and I was wondering if will work on my rather basic York furnace.
The Chronotherm says it's a Deluxe Multistage Thermostat.
I believe my old York furnace is probably a single stage (just a Natural Gas Forced Air)--but I really don't know. It is nothing fancy, I know that for sure :)
Are these compatible, or should I send this new thermostat back and pick up a simpler one? My old Honeywell thermostat works fine--it just requires annual battery replacement and is nothing fancy.
Thanks in advance!
-k2 in CO
Moderator, Miscellaneous Forum
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING