The utility company gives rebates for certain items that are energy savers.
I put in one of those high efficiency central heating units. The cost is around $7700 and I would get a rebate of $210.00. The problem is that the work did not pass inspection because the vendor did not get the type of permit that the city was looking. Everything seems to be OK except a reinspection needs to be done once the correct permit is obtained.
The question then stands, does it make sense to pay the vendor now since the unit is not up and running because of the permit issue? Or would it be better to forego the rebate and wait until an OK is received?