Howdy HK and company!
Well my furnace (York P2MPD20N11201A) is acting up AGAIN! Wow does this get old in a hurry!
It was giving me a "1 flash", or "Lockout--Check Furnace". A previous post recommended shutting power off for 1 minute, which I tried.
Now, the vent blower will come on, I will hear (and smell) gas momentarily (about 1 second), but no ignition. Does this sound like, maybe, a bad ignitor? Usually that thing glows bright orange. Now, nothing.
Any ideas? This thing seems to know when it's Friday evening--so that I can't get anyone out here without spending a fortune!
As you may recall, last time it was a defective transformer. An HVAC pro changed it out a few weeks ago and the furnace has been working fine since. Well, until today.
Please help!, thanks in advance!
-k2 in CO
Moderator, Miscellaneous Forum
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING