Howdy HK and company!
Well my furnace (York P2MPD20N11201A) is acting up AGAIN! Wow does this get old in a hurry!
It was giving me a "1 flash", or "Lockout--Check Furnace". A previous post recommended shutting power off for 1 minute, which I tried.
Now, the vent blower will come on, I will hear (and smell) gas momentarily (about 1 second), but no ignition. Does this sound like, maybe, a bad ignitor? Usually that thing glows bright orange. Now, nothing.
Any ideas? This thing seems to know when it's Friday evening--so that I can't get anyone out here without spending a fortune!
As you may recall, last time it was a defective transformer. An HVAC pro changed it out a few weeks ago and the furnace has been working fine since. Well, until today.
Please help!, thanks in advance!
-k2 in CO
Moderator, Miscellaneous Forum
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers