Howdy HK and company!
Well my furnace (York P2MPD20N11201A) is acting up AGAIN! Wow does this get old in a hurry!
It was giving me a "1 flash", or "Lockout--Check Furnace". A previous post recommended shutting power off for 1 minute, which I tried.
Now, the vent blower will come on, I will hear (and smell) gas momentarily (about 1 second), but no ignition. Does this sound like, maybe, a bad ignitor? Usually that thing glows bright orange. Now, nothing.
Any ideas? This thing seems to know when it's Friday evening--so that I can't get anyone out here without spending a fortune!
As you may recall, last time it was a defective transformer. An HVAC pro changed it out a few weeks ago and the furnace has been working fine since. Well, until today.
Please help!, thanks in advance!
-k2 in CO
Moderator, Miscellaneous Forum
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight